Ultrasonic & NDT (Non Destructive Testing) Lab of Concrete in Delhi, India
Advance Laboratory is NDT Testing Lab in Delhi. NDT (Non Destructive testing) Tests are necessarily required for New Construction Site projects as well as for old and existing structures to assess quality and Integrity of concrete structures.
Corrosion-affected concrete structures and Fire affected concrete structures can be easily assessed for evaluation and strengthening purpose.
The following NDT Testing Service facilities are available with our NDT Testing Lab in Delhi.
- Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity Test
- Rebound Hammer Test
- Core extraction Test
- Half-cell Potential Test
- Carbonation Test
Advance inspection & Testing Lab is a Professionally managed Certified NDT testing lab in Delhi and providing Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity Testing Services in India. UPV test is done for quality control and inspection of concrete. Ultrasonic testing of concrete or ultrasonic pulse velocity test on concrete is a non-destructive test to assess the homogeneity and integrity of the concrete.
An ultrasonic pulse velocity (UPV) test is an in-situ, non-destructive test to check the quality of concrete. In this test, the strength and quality of concrete or rock are assessed by measuring the velocity of an ultrasonic pulse passing through a concrete structure.
Method Followed: IS: 516 PART 4
Where Is Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity Test Useful?
- Inspection of new and old structures, Concrete slabs, Concrete columns, Concrete walls, fire damaged areas,
- Precast and prestressed beams, cylinders, and other concrete forms to identify honeycombs, voids, cracks, and other non-homogeneous conditions in concrete.
With This Ultrasonic Testing of Concrete, the Following Can Be Assessed
- Qualitative assessment of the strength of Ultrasonic testing of concrete, its gradation in different locat
ions of structural members, and plotting the same.
- Any discontinuity in cross-section like cracks covers concrete delamination etc.
- Depth of surface cracks.
The Pulse Velocity in Concrete May Be Influenced By
- Path length
- The lateral dimension of the specimen tested
- Presence of reinforcement steel
- The moisture content of the concrete
Table 1 Shows the Guidelines for Qualitative Assessment of Concrete Based on UPV Test Results.
|PULSE VELOCITY||CONCRETE QUALITY|
|>4.0 km/s||Very good to excellent|
|3.5 – 4.0 km/s||Good to very good, slight porosity may exist|
|3.0 – 3.5 km/s||Satisfactory but loss of integrity is suspected|
|<3.0 km/s||Poor and los of integrity exist.|
Also, Read: Concrete Core Cutting Test
Table 1 shows the guidelines for qualitative assessment of concrete based on UPV test results.